Why an eBook instead of a printed book?
This ebook can be read on the screen of a PC, Mac, Kindle, smartphone or any device capable of showing PDF documents (Adobe Acrobat v.6.0 or later). The PDF file is also formatted for impeccable printing on Letter paper and A4.
These are the benefits of having an eBook compared to a ready-printed volume:
- PRICE: a small fraction of the estimated price of a printed volume. This particular eBook is available free of charge: this would certainly not be viable for a printed book.
- AVAILABILITY: an eBook is never out of print.
- SECURITY: the owner can make a backup copy, so that the eBook cannot be lost or stolen. Anyway, once the book has been obtained from Lulu.com, the file can be re-downloaded if needed.
- PRINTING: the owner can print the fingered scores using any home computer with a printer.
- PORTABILITY: the owner can carry the book around in a laptop computer, smartphone, Kindle or any other portable device.
- TIMELINESS: you download the eBook and can begin reading it straight away.
Note: some older versions of Acrobat Reader display a initial error message "This file uses a new format that this version of Acrobat does not support. It may not open or display correctly". Nevertheless, this eBook has been tested in all the Acrobat Reader versions from 6.0 onwards (last 10 years) and it displays and prints flawlessly and identically in any of them.