Errata and Addenda
- p. vi, 1st paragraph, 1st line reads: “in November 1720”. Actually many secondary sources specify the publication date as “14th November 1720”. The Handel Reference Database for the year 1720 in its “Nov 14” entry carries the following text:
“This Day is published,
Mr Handel's Harpsichord Lessons neatly Engraven on Copper Plates, and may be had at Christopher Smith's the Sign of the Hand and Musick-Book in Coventry-street the Upper-End of the Hay-Market, and at Mr. Richard Mear's Musick-Shop in St. Paul's Church-Yard.
Price One Guinea. ”
Footnote  clarifies that this advertisement was published in The Daily Courant,
no. 5948, on 14 November 1720.
My thanks go to the eBook's reader Michael Shields for his help in this matter.
- p. xxii, Fig.1's caption: the last line is in font size 10: it should be in size 9, matching the other caption lines.
- p. xxii, 2nd paragraph, last line, it reads “ ... acciden-tals ... ”. It should read “accidentals”.
- p. xxii, 3rd paragraph, 2nd line: it reads “and /or”, it should read “and/or” .
- p. 10 (PDF p. 69), initial left hand chord, the sharp in the e should instead be in the c. (As in all the sources: this error is only found in the Chrysander edition).